Updated Colour pulse test 

Colour Pulse Test 

This method for the colour pulse is mainly done by keying Hue/saturation. From this I have slowed the timing of the colour change, added a Gaussian blur to the background, taken some of the saturation out of Ian and added a secondary pulse with an effect called Colorama which has blended the strong contrast in colours back into how it looks in reality well.  

To achieve the look I am wanting for the colour pulse I’m keying the Hue/Saturation with the Master saturation on 100% which creates geometric patterns and colours throughout the scene. The actual pulse is done using an adjustment layer with a mask which is expanding on a Black and white layer. I am also rendering out a separate multicoloured beard for this shot because the beard is a little to stagnant compared to the rest of the shot. 

Sound Problems

The first half is how it should sound like and the second is how it is previewing in After Effect which is making it very hard to match up with the footage so i’m going to render out of After Effects without the sound then take the movie into PremierPro and add the sound in there. 

Having problems with my sound changing pitch in the RAM preview which can apparently can be fixed in project settings but this method is not working for me. I’ve also realised that the tips of some of the Bobbler’s Fur are getting chopped off at points which I have not been able to find a solution for, but I will re look at this after the hand in . 

Dry Ice Test

Ive brought the characters that are going to be moving through the fog into the scene and attached particle collider to them. I then played with the settings of the fog to have it settle lower to the ground which I did by increasing the damp very slightly to 0.1. I then keyed the dissipation to make it fade out so it didn’t build up to much. I placed two emitters in the central whole. One to give the effect that fog was sitting in the hole and one to bubble over and move along the bread bin floor. 

Today… was a long day. After arriving in uni feeling fairly confident that I was going to be in post production by night, I submitted a couple of ribs that had been slogging away over night on the render farm and then opened my scene which I had been working on with almost no troubles for a couple of week now, to discover that a couple of my textures in several of my layers were switching between shaded and wireframe without my control. At first I just reassigned my shaders but then I went to open my Master layer and the scene crashed… every single time I tried to open the master layer. Looking at a couple of forms the wireframe problem seemed to lie with shader groups and could easily be solved by applying a fresh texture to everything and then reassigning textures. This was a problem for me as this had to be done in the master layer. So after almost an entire day or trying to fix it I ended up copying objects from the scene and pasting them into another scene then applying this method which sorted the problem but at the expense of an entire days work.

Today… was a long day. After arriving in uni feeling fairly confident that I was going to be in post production by night, I submitted a couple of ribs that had been slogging away over night on the render farm and then opened my scene which I had been working on with almost no troubles for a couple of week now, to discover that a couple of my textures in several of my layers were switching between shaded and wireframe without my control. At first I just reassigned my shaders but then I went to open my Master layer and the scene crashed… every single time I tried to open the master layer. Looking at a couple of forms the wireframe problem seemed to lie with shader groups and could easily be solved by applying a fresh texture to everything and then reassigning textures. This was a problem for me as this had to be done in the master layer. So after almost an entire day or trying to fix it I ended up copying objects from the scene and pasting them into another scene then applying this method which sorted the problem but at the expense of an entire days work.

Ambient Occlusion - Max Distance 

I am think of using this effect which I came across while setting up my Max distance on the ambient occlusion in my scene. I’m not going to add it until after my hand-in on the 9th because the render time takes too long but I think it could really add something to style of the animation. Perhaps when the bagel gets angry I will turn it up to build tension and creepyness.